Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Right Place at the Right Time

During a City Council meeting, the right place for a member of the City Council is at the meeting.

This is also the right place for a City Council candidate. A candidate for City Council should be doing everything in his/her power to learn how the Council works.

Myself, I have been a regular attendee for four years running.

But surprisingly few of the others come to City Council meetings. Take tonight, for example. Of the nine candidates vying for the two four-year seats, only four were present. Two of these, predictably, were incumbents.

I can only surmise that the others were home, frantically working out the meter on their campaigns' last-minute Haiku's.

Fortunately, my staff has had my Haiku ready for days now. Here it is. It will take your breath away.

I stand by Heidi
As she offers me this fall,
Quality of life.

For her efficient, advance poetry work, our special thanks to Leslie Dalton.

Anything to further the cause of arts in American Fork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home